Thursday, December 07, 2006

Oh my Gosh

I can't believe I haven't blogged here since August. I've been so busy learning how to knit and forgot to blog here.



I made my first baby hat and scarf.

This design was from Baby's Cashmere Scarf from Debbie Bliss Knitting Workbook. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Soft Lilac instead of Debbie Bliss yarn because I can't afford those nice expensive yarns right now. I think I could try practicing with these cheap yarns from Michaels and see how it turned out. I think it turn out well and I like what I see.

A friend of mine just had a baby girl last Sunday on the 3rd and I thought it was perfect timing to send her this hat and scarf. I have it packed and ready to ship tomorrow to Kentucky. I am really excited to sent this to her and I hope she takes a picture of it for me to see what it looks like on her baby.

I am making the same set in Soft Green color with the same yarn for a baby boy that will be born in February. Then I will make another set as well for another friend. I have so many friends having babies next year that this scarf and hat seems to be the quickest thing to make for them. I don't know how to make sweaters, socks, or blankets yet but that is my goal for next year.

After I'm done with these sets of hat and scarves, I will try to make a sweater for my daughter and her friend. I thought it would be cute to have the same handmade sweater with different colors. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I miss cross stitching but I just can't do them with a toddler around these days. She loves to grab things and make a mess. I am very picky on how to set up my cross stitching things and I find it hard to keep putting them away and bringing them out.

Knitting is so much easier when it's only 2 sticks and a yarn to carry around. My daughter does try to play with the yarn but I just put it away for a minute until she is distracted with something else and than I can get back to my knitting.

My new resolution is to start blogging here more often and keep track of my craft things. I am starting that resolution now and hope this will help me get started.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We missed you! The hat and scarf looks amazing! How did you teach yourself to knit? I've always wanted to learn but haven't been able to 'get it'.

jackie said...

love your hat and scarf, Do you belong to knitting groups in Orlando? Your fellow knitter from Orlando.
Jackie